The Alliance Manchester Business School is delighted to announce the EPSRC/BT CASE Studentship in Business Informatics which is made available for UK and EU students.
This program provides outstanding students access to training, facilities and expertise not available in an academic setting alone.
Applications Deadline: October 31, 2018
Eligible Countries: UK and EU
Value Of Scholarships: A full-time PhD research studentship, including full stipend and tuition fee costs, is available for 4 years starting January 2019. The studentship will commence in January 2019 and will be available for up to four years, with a stipend equivalent to RCUK rates (£14,777 tax free for 2018/19; rates for 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 to be confirmed) plus an industrial top-up by BT of £6,000 per annum. This also covers full university tuition fees (at Home/EU level), and travel support for fieldwork, conferences and annual visits to BT Research
- Applicants must hold both a Bachelors degree (and equivalent) and a Masters degree.
- Applicants must have a First Class or Upper Second Class (2:1) Honours degree from a UK university, or the overseas equivalent. Professional qualifications and relevant experience may be taken into account if you don’t have a Bachelors degree.
How To Apply:
To apply for this PhD studentship, please submit an online application for the full-time PhD Business and Management
programme here >>
You should indicate in your application that you are applying for the EPSRC/BT CASE PhD Studentship in Business Informatics “Data Analytics and Decision Support for Privacy by Design”.
The application must contain the following:
- A written statement clearly indicating how your research competencies and interests to date are aligned with the specific nature of this PhD project;
- Evidence of excellent academic writing skills such as existing research paper or dissertation chapter where the applicant has been the leading author; and
- A research proposal indicating how you would propose to address the area of investigation outlined above.
You are strongly advised to submit your application as early as possible. If you do not submit the required supporting documents outlined above by the deadline, your application will not be considered.